Purpose of Job
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
You will be a significant part of a team responsible for the management and delivery Payment products and improvements. Responsible for products including Wires, Zelle, Funds Transfers, Internal, External Bill-Pay, Adding and verifying External Accounts to move money, Teller's Check, Remote Deposit Capture and Digital Wallet!
Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA's strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key partners in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy!
This position is mapped Hybrid, therefore, you should live within commuting distance of one of our USAA offices such as San Antonio, Dallas, Tampa, Phoenix or Charlotte.
- Identifies and leads existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Leads discussions with key collaborators to communicate information learned from analyses, provide input into line of business strategy development, and drive and influence business decisions.
- Leads integration of the analytic strategy and business strategy.
- Leads and supervises efforts to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy. Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Applies authoritative analytical rigor to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Optimally influences and drives strategic agreement applying subject matter expertise and interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Serves as a team lead and provides mentorship and on-the-job training to team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related subject area; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of data & analytics or strategy consulting experience; OR a minimum of 6 years of data & analytics or strategy consulting experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 8+ years of combined experience; OR Advanced Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related subject area and 6+ years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.).
- Experience identifying business needs and leading strategic plans driven by qualitative/quantitative analysis and market insights.
- Strong analytical skills with experience using hypotheses-driven problem solving.
- Extensive experience leading and performing complex data analysis using various data analytics tools (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Tableau, R, Python).
- Experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience working with leadership teams to identify key opportunities to develop and enhance business strategy using quantitative and qualitative analytics.
- At least 3 years of experience in a Product or Analyst role supporting a Financial Services Product
- Demonstrated experience and ability to model, understand and synthesize data into product insights and recommendations
- Solid understanding of payment rails and payment systems
- Solid understanding of Consumer payment trends
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $117,600 - $211,700
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.