Bookkeeper in Practice / Firm of Accountants
Our client is seeking an experienced Accountancy Practice Bookkeeper to joint their team based in their Coventry office.
This very successful firm of accountants has developed a strong reputation for delivering quality services, along with building strong relationships with its wide-ranging client bases, across varying industries and size of client. The firm offers a very supportive and team focused environment, reflected by a low staff turnover and long serving staff.
Joining this firm of accountants as a Bookkeeper based from their Coventry office, you will carve a key, hands on role, as you develop within this firm and environment. Acting for varied sole trader, partnership and limited company SME's and OMB's of varying size and industry sector, you will deliver bookkeeping, management accounts, VAT, and other services to mixed clients.
As an Accountancy Practice Bookkeeper, you will be responsible for:
- Processing day to day bookkeeping for a portfolio of clients including limited companies, Sole traders and Partnerships as well as reconciliations of the main control accounts
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Dealing with client queries
- Preparing and filing VAT returns
- Attending client premises to undertake bookkeeping role on-site which includes preparation of management information for clients
- Providing training to clients on various packages and bookkeeping skills as required
- Training and supporting apprentices with general bookkeeping skills
- You may be AAT studying, qualified, or qualified by experience.
- You will have anything from 3 - 5 years + experience within bookkeeping within a client-facing capacity, either in practice, a bureau or self-employed.
- Experience of software such as Xero, Quickbooks, Sage, Kashflow etc. would be advantageous.