Automotive Service Technician - Truck City Re-Location Bonus Opportunity! Local Candidates Preferred! SIGN ON BONUS OPPORTUNITY!
Who we are
We are a full-service automotive company that has been a cornerstone business serving the automotive needs of our customers since 1908. We strive to exceed the customer expectations in new and convenient ways that gains their trust for generations. Truck City is a part of The Yoder Family of Companies. To learn more about who we are, the services we provide and our commitment to customer safety and satisfaction, visit Truck City Service Center!
Service Technician Position Summary
We are a full-service automotive repair facility that is part of a cornerstone business serving the automotive needs of our customers since 1908. Truck City provides mechanical repair and preventative maintenance services for fleet and commercial vehicles and helps business owners and managers maintain and repair their company assets. TC specializes is GM, Ford & Ram trucks up to 1-ton, we also provide service in the medium duty truck and trailer segment specializing but not limited to Isuzu trucks. To learn more about who we are, the services we provide and our commitment to our team and customers, visit Commercial & Fleet Service in Greeley.
Duties and Major Responsibilities
- Diagnoses and repairs vehicles to specifications, ensuring they are safe to drive.
- Test drives vehicles and tests components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Examines vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Confers with advisors and/or customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups.
- Reviews work orders and discusses work with supervisors.
- Tears down, repairs, and rebuilds faulty assemblies, such as power systems, steering systems, and linkages.
- Disassembles units and inspects parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Repairs or replace parts such as pistons, rods, gears, valves, and bearings.
- Rewires ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Repairs manual and automatic transmissions.
- Closely inspects parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, and other troublesome items.
- Adequately explains the technical diagnosis and required repairs to non-mechanical individuals.
- Completes accurate notes/records on RO in DMS.
- Participates in ongoing technical education.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Strictly adheres to all company safety policies, rules, and training
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Automotive trade or technical school preferred.
- ASE certification is desirable.
- 3+ years of automotive Technician experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Ability to drive and handle various makes, models, and sizes of vehicles.
- Should own & supply a complete inventory of auto mechanical tools.
- Team oriented, flexible, and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment systems, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.
- Desire to continue learning and ability to adapt to changes in technology and equipment.
- Excellent adherence to safety standards.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and should do so in a sound and safe manner.
- Regular work hours are 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Employee hours vary and are dependent on business needs.
- The position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with evenings and weekends as needed to satisfy the requirements of the position.
Wage: $30 - $50 Flat Rate Hour depending on experience.