Aspiring Therapist - Liphook
We are looking for a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to support children with moderate learning needs and associated challenging behaviours. This is an excellent opportunity to gain relevant work experience and expand your skillset before, possibly pursuing a career in Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy.
This small, independent, specialist school is situated near Liphook and is for children aged 10-19 with mild to moderate learning difficulties and additional needs, including ASD, cerebral palsy and hemiplegia. They have a deep focus on individual happiness and well-being where students can thrive academically, socially and emotionally. The school delivers an integrated therapy programme which includes a range of specialisms including: Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Dramatherapy, and Speech and Language Therapies. Each team works closely with children to ensure their individual physical and emotional needs are met.
Professional Skills & Requirements
- Ability to prepare resources for teaching and learning activities
- Ability to plan learning activities to suit pupil ability with support from a teacher
- Willing to work 1:1 and in small groups with students
- Able to develop knowledge and experience to deliver appropriate support
- Able to encourage the development of social skills and support students' individual needs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to provide behaviour and pastoral support
- Attend staff meetings and complete appropriate CPD
- Ensure safeguarding of students
- Passionate about helping children to achieve their full potential
- Able to build confidence and motivation
- Ability to build robust and effective relationships with students
- Ability to remain calm and resilient when placed in situations of stress or conflict
- Caring, compassionate, and a good listener
Must drive 5 days a week (Mon-Fri)£75-£90 per day No previous experience is requiredExcellent on-site training, support and CPD is provided
Apply now or contact Eleanor Chessun-Lawrence at Academics Ltd:
Candidates registering with Academics Ltd will need to have or apply for an Enhanced DBS and/or overseas police check where appropriate.