Area Facilities Manager
£37,000 + car
Alecto Recruitment is looking to hear from experienced Facilities Managers interested in working for a leading private sector contractor currently recruiting in the Northamptonshire area.
Working as Area Facilities Manager you will be responsible for the management of the working environment, services, equipment and processes to support the effective running of the client's Northampton Schools account.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Facilities Management functions are being performed satisfactorily and are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with the contract policies and all relevant legislation across all schools.
- Co-ordinate works in conjunction with the helpdesk and Technical Services Manager, organising planned and reactive support as required.
- To co-ordinate with the relevant departments regarding statutory compliance of required regulations and ensuring all records are kept up to date and ready for inspection by all stakeholders.
- To be accountable for all hard and soft services relating to the aesthetics of the environment reporting and responding to all faults/issues as appropriate.
- Accountable for contract financial performance and risk management within your area of responsibility.
- Help to establish 'value for money' strategies for delivering the contractual Key Performance Indicators.
- Promote innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team and associated contracts.
- Manage budget and review profit & loss for effective delivery within contractual requirements.
- Day-to-day supervision of members of the facilities team.
- Manage facilities staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave. Accurately log data to the appropriate HR software systems.
- Be the point of escalation in respect of all complaints from schools and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health & Safety legislation and Health & Safety management system.
- Carryout relevant monthly Health & Safety inspections/audits to ensure compliance.
- Principle duties will include the implementation and management of the following areas:
- Asbestos Management
- Fire Risk Assessments (review, managing actions, and updating)
- Management of Contractors
- Reactive event management
- PPM/Statutory inspections.
- Solid experience in Facilities Management within a PFI contract setting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years FM management experience.
- Quantifiable track record of contractor management within the education sector (soft & hard services).
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues, contractors and key stakeholders. A professional qualification in facilities management or relevant experience.
- A qualification in health & safety (NEBOSH or IOSH).
- Good level of general education, educated to 'A'/HND Level as a minimum or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- An understanding of UK Health & Safety laws and statutory regulations relating to buildings management including interactions with Local Authority Representatives.
- General knowledge/understanding of Health and Safety risks including but not limited to manual handling, worksite safety, slips, trips and falls hazards.
- Must be Customer Focused, with a strong drive to deliver 5-star Facilities Services within all schools.
- Proven experience in leading projects.
- Soft and Hard service facilities contractor management.
- Demonstrable Financial Management experience.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Rewards Portal including healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers.
To apply for this position or to request further information please send your CV or call ext 202.