Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Anes Technician PRN today with Portsmouth Regional Hospital.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Anes Technician PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Works under the supervision of Anesthesia Personnel to prepare for the anesthetic needs of patients within all the surgical specialties: Cardiac, Neurology, OB-GYN, ENT, Oral, Plastics, Orthopedics, General-Vascular, Ophthalmology and GU as well as the minor surgical suite. The Anesthesia Technician prepares the anesthesia supplies/equipment relevant to the surgical procedures and performs a variety of other duties related to the preparation and maintenance of anesthesia equipment/supplies as directed by the anesthesiologists/CRNA's. This would also include assisting anesthesia personnel as directed with invasive line placement, epidurals, spinals, IV's, A-lines, Swan-Lines, intubations and other anesthesia techniques. Maintains inventory of necessary anesthesia equipment/supplies and performs the restocking of the anesthesia workroom, anesthesia carts and other anesthesia related areas
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates ability to properly set-up, handle and maintain anesthesia related equipment, to include cleaning of the TEE, intubating bronchoscope and any other highly specialized anesthesia equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper handling of Glutaraldehyde including use of protective attire, daily potency checks and spill procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to operate steris machines and flash autoclaves.
- Understands and demonstrates the ability to differentiate the various methods of sterilization and disinfection and apply these techniques to the care and handling of anesthesia equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the different types of anesthesia equipment/supplies and the rationale for their use. To include the cardiac anesthesia supplies/equipment as well as the general OR anesthesia supplies/equipment, i.e. epidural cart, IV cart, anesthesia carts (including medications), anesthesia workroom and C-section room.
- Orders supplies and restocks work area as assigned, assuring the availability of needed supplies.
- Assists anesthesia personnel during scheduled and emergent surgical procedures in an efficient, organized manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to set-up anesthesia supplies/equipment for the various surgical procedures performed at PRH in an organized efficient manner. Displaying the ability to utilize organization, prioritization and economy of time and equipment/supplies.
Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers assistance to colleagues both within main OR's, cardiac OR's and various other patient care units
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
Portsmouth Regional Hospital has provided quality healthcare services since 1882. We give patient's access to trained physicians and advanced technology. Our 275+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We serve the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast. We are one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. As part of HCA Healthcare, Portsmouth achieves high honors for quality patient care. We hold several prestigious accreditations. These include accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers, The Joint Commission's recognition as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures and accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center.
At Portsmouth Regional Hospital, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Anes Technician PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.