Our mission is simple to help the world love Mondays!
Reed Secure are working with a local authority who are looking to recruit Administrative Support Officer
- Pay rate up to £15.64 + 12.07% holiday pay
- 6 months with potential of being extended
- Main location: Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 5QU
The overall purpose of the role is to: Provide a comprehensive and flexible administrative support and confidential secretarial services to the Counter Terrorism Police Southeast (CTPSE) and with specific assistance given to the Assistant Chief Constable
- The role holder will be required to take minutes of meetings of a complex, confidential and often technical nature in support of meetings (e.g. Strategic National & Regional meetings, operational groups, internal audit framework meetings, change programme boards, and other strategic level meetings).
- Ensure the smooth running of the office by leading the management and co-ordination of incoming calls and all written and electronic correspondence for SLT
- Co-ordinate and manage engagements, diary commitments and ensure relevant supporting material is prepared and available. Prepare files and other papers for meetings, review actions, obtain background papers and other appropriate information
- Deliver an effective administrative and secretarial support service for the SLT by ensuring time and personnel resources are prioritised in a way to meet objectives and requirements of senior management by planning and distributing work fairly and according to capacity, relevant knowledge and skills
Skills & Experience required to be successful
- Must have capability to travel to different locations across and outside the region to support regional and national meetings and undertake all assignments in a timely manner
- Proven ability to act with integrity whilst managing confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills which can be adapted to all levels of the organisation. The ability to present information clearly and persuasively to internal and external audiences. These skills will have been developed in a demanding office environment where they will have regularly demonstrated discretion, tact and diplomacy, multi-tasking, enthusiasm, initiative, and flexibility
- A confident communicator at all levels with excellent literacy and numeracy skills; significant professional administrative experience, with a proven ability to take minutes. Educated to A Level, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent with proficient keyboard skills.
- The role holder will be required to provide administrative support for major incidents / Counter Terrorism Operations as required in order to ensure resilience. This may be required with minimal notice so flexibility in working practices is desirable
- Needs to hold UK driving licence and able to travel to a rural area between Newbury and Basingstoke
This role will require police vetting and will not be an immediate start
If you're interested, please apply now, and join us in loving Monday's