Head of Activities - Eastbourne, BN22 - Full-Time 35 hours per week
We specialise in providing quality residential care for the elderly across our group of care homes. A fantastic and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Activities to become part of our team at Inglewood Nursing Home.
You will be flexible to work 35 hours per week between Monday to Sunday from 10am until 4pm.
Inglewood Nursing Home has been carefully designed to offer the advanced facilities residents need, whilst retaining a warm and homely atmosphere. You will be required to take overall responsibility for the recreational, therapeutic, and social aspects of all the residents activities inside and outside the home. To take a lead in the promotion of the home within the local community and ensure that members of the community are aware of the positive and therapeutic aspects of the activities being provided.
Your key duties will include:
- Organising both group and 1-1 activities with & for the residents
- Put together the requirements and proposal for annual budgetary requirement.
- Train & guide the care staff in constructive activities to ensure there is always an awareness of involving residents in activities
- Make contact with a range of outside bodies who may be in a position to assist the home, e.g Alzheimer s Society, the WI, Help the Aged, local churches and charities and similar organsiations.
- Make arrangements for outside companies and individuals to come into the home as often as possible to provide entertainment, stimulation & therapeutic input for all residents
- Supervising Activities Assistants, conducting supervisions and appraisals
Specific Qualifications / Skills / Attributes
- Previous experience of working with the elderly and/or dementia
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build positive relationships with residents
- Ability to encourage & motivate others
- Creative personality
- Strong leadership skills, and demonstrates this by leading by example
If you would like to join our successful team please select "apply now" and forward us your CV.